Managing your own rental properties is not an easy job. From finding and screening tenants, maintaining and improving your properties to bookkeeping, accounting and reporting, there are countless tasks that spread you thin. Add on top of that your regular day job. That’s why we believe in surrounding yourself with the right people, tools and landlord resources to help you efficiently manage your properties.
We will update this page as we examine and review new useful products and resources. For additional in-depth articles and analysis of landlord products and resources, see our list of Landlord Gurus Resources.
Rental Property Calculators
Plug your rental property data into our landlord calculators and keep track of how your portfolio is performing:
- Pet Calculator: Pet Fees and Pet Rent
- Property Management Fees Calculator
- Real Estate Investing Calculators
Find Your Landlord Software
Let us help you find landlord software that is best suited for your needs. Whether you are looking for tools to help collect rent, screen tenants, list your rental, automate your record keeping, or other property management tasks, we can find the right product for you.
Rental Property Management Software
Rental property management software is one of the most valuable landlord resources in a DIY property manager’s arsenal. Software provides an impressive collection of benefits, from rent collection and tenant screening to property accounting, leasing and tenant communication. Furthermore, today’s software solutions are user-friendly and are easy for busy managers to use on the go.
The following software products mainly specialize in tenant screening, helping you find the right tenants for your property.
These online rent payment systems help you get paid, in full and on-time.
Landlord Accounting and Bookkeeping Resources
Software and landlord resources and tools that help you track income and expenses, create reports, and prepare tax documents.
Rent Price Analysis
Make sure you are pricing your units appropriately to minimize down-time and maximize profits.
Hybrid Property Management
Many different proptech solutions are springing up to make landlords lives easier and to bring down the costs of rental management. Marble combines a technology and in-house expert customer service to deliver flat-fee remote property management. Landlords step largely out of the day-to-day operations of their property as they would with a professional property manager, but pay only a flat fee of $50/unit/month.
Maybe you simply need a bit of professional help managing some or all aspects of your real estate business. Find the right property management company for your needs and location.
Business Software and Services
Landlord resources and software to help set up your rental property business, create leases and notices, and other business and legal services.
- Nolo Landlord-Tenant Guides
- Legal Forms, Books, & Software – Nolo
- Rocket Lawyer
- Rental Agreement Form
- Rental Property Refund – Tax strategy & Accelerated Depreciation
Home and Property Services
Find products for your properties and hire contractors and service providers to help you get your projects done right. Here’s a list of online landlord resources, from handymen to cleaners and movers, to gutter protection systems, and even design plans for your property.
- HomeAdvisor – Find Top Rated Service Pros
- Handy – Cleaning & Handyman Tasks
- Find Local Professionals – Thumbtack
- LeafFilter Gutter Protection – America’s #1 Rated Gutter Guard
- My Toolshed
- Architectural Designs
Keep your tenants and your property safe and secure with locks and cameras. Below are some useful deadbolts, smart locks, doorbells, cameras and security systems we can recommend.
- Honeywell Knob Door Lock Home Security Kit
- Kwikset Austin Double Cylinder Deadbolt Featuring SmartKey Security
- Schlage Camelot Satin Nickel Keypad Electronic Deadbolt and Accent Door Lever
- Schlage Century Sense Smart Lock
- Yale Assure Lock with Z-Wave – Smart Touchscreen Keypad Deadbolt
- All-new Ring Video Doorbell
- SimpliSafe Pro Smart Home Security Wi-Fi Video Doorbell Wired Camera
- Nest Secure Alarm System with Nest Cam Indoor Security Camera
- SimpliSafe 11-Piece Home Security Kit
- ADT DIY 18-Piece Easy, Smart Home Security System
- Samsung Electronics F-ADT-STR-KT-1 SmartThings ADT Wireless Home Security Starter Kit
- Wyze Cam Pan 1080p Pan/Tilt/Zoom Wi-Fi Indoor Smart Home Camera with Night Vision
- Ring Smart Lighting – Floodlight, Battery-Powered, Outdoor Motion-Sensor Security Light
Hardware & Tools
Keep up with regular maintenance and prevent emergencies with the right resources, products and tools to keep things running smoothly. Plumbing problems, blocked drains, leaking toilets, water heaters, and broken garbage disposals are often the things that result in the most emergency maintenance calls from tenants. Many landlords and property managers will have a selection of these tools to help prepare for these situations.
- RIDGID 115-Volt K-400 Drain Cleaning Drum Machine with C-32 3/8 in. Integral Wound Cable and Tool Set
- Mophorn 75Ft x 3/8Inch Drain Cleaner Machine fit 1 Inch (25mm) to 4 Inch(100mm) Pipes 250W Drain Cleaning Machine Portable Electric Drain Auger with Cutters Glove Drain Auger Cleaner Sewer Snake
- RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ Drain Auger
- Green Gobbler 8.25 oz. Draining Opening Pacs
- FlexiSnake Drain Weasel Sink Snake – Drain Clog Remover Kit Includes Rotating Handle and 5 Micro-Hook Refill Wands
- Wireless Endoscope Camera, NIDAGE WiFi 5.5mm 1080P HD Borescope Inspection Camera for iPhone Android, 2MP Semi-Rigid Snake Camera for Inspecting Motor Engine Sewer Pipe Vehicle
- Rheem Performance 40 Gal. Medium 6 Year 4500/4500-Watt Elements Electric Tank Water Heater
- Govee WiFi Water Sensor, Smart App Leak and Drip Alert, Wireless Water Alarm with Email, Loud Alarm and App Alerts – Easy to Install Remote Waterproof Leak Sensor for Home, Basement
- Honeywell RWD21 Water Leak Alarm
- Fluidmaster 400CR Toilet Fill Valve and Flapper Repair Kit
- Waste King L-3200 Garbage Disposal with Power Cord, 3/4 HP
Books, Guides & Landlord Education
Learn more about managing and growing your real estate portfolio with these helpful landlord resources, books and educational products:
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and Landlord Gurus may earn a commission. Our mission remains to provide valuable resources and information that helps landlords manage their rental properties efficiently and profitably. We link to these companies and their products because of their quality, not because of the commission.